Soldering the components on the boards
- Make sure you prepare one “left”, and one “right of each PCB
- All components and cables should be soldered on the same side
First you need to install all the SMD components on the PCBs. Make sure you have one
left and one
right of each one. Cut away the supports using the mousebites.
Start by installing the 4 resistors (R - in blue on the picture) and 4 capacitors (C - in red on the picture) . Make sure they're installed on the same side as the Diodes !
- Install and solder all the leds. Do not go higher than 230C with your soldering iron !
- Make sure they are face down, and pushed in the hole up until the end
- Make sure they are aligned properly - the shortest pin should align with the white dot indicator (Gnd)
- Make sure they’re soldered on the same side as the resistors and capacitors
Cut the ribbon cables using scissors or a cutter:
- 2 * ribbons of 3 cables
Connect the plates:
- Solder a 3-cable ribbon cable on the thumb cluster PCB’s bottom RGB pins (with Dout)
- Solder the other end on the main plate’s bottom RGB pins
- The cables should come out on the same side as all the other components
- Make sure you connect the Flexyl “Right” with the thumb cluster “Right”, and the “Left” with the “Left”
Prepare the main plate’s cables:
- Solder a black cable to the plate’s Gnd
- Solder a colored cable to the plate’s Din
- Solder a red cable to the plate’s Vcc