Install the RGB Plate
If you have a midplate RGB PCB, follow those instructions
Preparing the RGB Plate
- Be careful about orientation: there’s one left, and one right PCB
- Solder the resistor (R), and the capacitor (C)
- On the same side, solder the leds, facing down towards the table. The white indicators are for the Gnd, and should be aligned with the shorter pin of the leds
- Solder 3 cables to each plate: red to Vcc, black to Gnd, green to Din. The cables should come out on the same side that the components are soldered
Prepare and install the audio jack
The cables need to be soldered in a very specific way. Use the diagram below for help.
- Solder cables to audio jack. Their position is not important, as long as it’s the same on both sides. Do not solder to the MCU yet.
- Install the heat shrink wrap and shrink it with a heat gun or a lighter
- Screw audio jack into case
- (Optional) add a bit of hot glue to the jack so it holds better. Only do so in the indicated position (see picture in Install the audio jack), so it won’t interfere with installation of the MCU
- Solder cables from the audio jack to the RGB plate: red to Vcc
- Solder cables from the audio jack to the MCU: black to gnd, blue to D0
- Solder cables from the RGB plate to the MCU: black for Gnd, red for Vcc, green for Din/D2