Before installing anything RGB-related, make sure you soldered all the diodes on the PCBs
Soldering the components on the boards
- Make sure you prepare one
left, and one
rightof each PCB
- All components and cables should be soldered on the same side
Resistors and capacitors
First you need to install all the SMD components on the PCBs (plates and thumb clusters). Make sure you have one
left and one
right of each one. If not done already, cut away the supports using the mousebites.
Start by installing the 4 resistors (R - in blue on the picture) and 4 capacitors (C - in red on the picture) . Make sure they're installed on the same side as the Diodes !
On the plate:
On the thumb cluster (depending on which keyboard you are building):
Here is what it looks like installed on different boards:
- Install and solder all the leds. Do not go higher than 230C with your soldering iron !
- Make sure they are face down, and pushed in the hole up until the end
- Make sure they are aligned properly - the shortest pin should align with the white dot indicator (Gnd)
- Make sure they’re soldered on the same side as the resistors, capacitors and diodes