Before installing the switches, double check...
- You installed the Elite-Cs onto their shield PCBs
- You soldered all the components onto the plates and thumb cluster PCBs
- You connected the plate PCBs to the thumb clusters and to the Elite-Cs
- If using RGB, that all the leds work
- Carefully install the switches in the specified order, using the pictures for help
- At all times, be careful not to touch the case or the ribbons with the soldering iron.
- If you touch the case, THE CASE WILL MELT and be damaged irreparably.
Install the switches
- Insert the assembled PCBs into the case
- At all times, make sure it doesn’t get stuck outside of the case, make sure it’s under the screw inserts
- Use the pictures below to check in which order to install the switches
- Starting with the top row, install the switches in the middle columns and solder them
- Then, install the two switches around it. You will have to push the PCB so it aligns, and then insert the switches. This is by design, and once the switches inserted the PCB won’t move. Solder these switches
- Finish the top row
- Do the bottom row in the same way. The PCB won’t hold on the switches, you can hold it with the soldering iron and then add the tin
- For each switch of the bottom row, completely push the PCB against the case and then insert the switch
- Finish the top part of the keyboard
- Install the switches on the thumb cluster, and solder them. Be careful not to damage the ribbon cables or the case