Soldering the headers and reset button
- Locate the text that says: "Solder jumpers on this side for the right" (in blue on the picture below)
- Solder the `Serial` and `Hands` jumpers
- If you are using an OLED/any I2C device, also solder the other 4 jumpers
- Solder the reset button
Do the same thing for the left (in yellow on the picture below).
Soldering the audio jacks
- Flip the boards
- Solder in the audio jacks
- Check that orientation is the same as on the picture below
Preparing the trackpad assembly
Install the 5 screw inserts:
- Set your soldering iron temperature to 200 degrees Celsius
- Using the soldering iron, place the heated insert inside the hole
- Apply little to no pressure, let the gravity do the work. Otherwise, you might push them too far
- If the insert doesn’t fall into place, you can slowly increase the temperature, but don’t go over 300 degrees
- Once the insert is 2/3 of the way in, stop
- Flip over the print and gradually push it against a flat surface, to make the insert flush with the print
- Move the parts aside and let them rest, while they cool down
Install the left 3d print holder. Do not screw it in completely, we will do this later.
Connecting the trackpad ribbon cable
Please note: you do not need to desolder any resistors on the trackpad. Just use it as it came in the kit !
Insert the cable into the trackpad:
Make sure you install it like on the picture below - the blue part on the same side as the black dot.
On the Right side of the keyboard, pass the cable from the top in the hole, just like in the picture below.
Open the ribbon connector.
Bend the ribbon cable 90 degrees:
Push it into the connector, and close it:
Installing the trackpad assembly
Slide the trackpad into the assembly. Align the notch, just like on the picture below (at the bottom):
Screw in the trackpad retainer:
Bend the trackpad cable 90 degrees:
Screw in the trackpad assembly. Tighten all 4 screws:
Test the PCB
This step is optional, but highly recommended.
- Connect the keyboard to your computer - it comes pre-flashed with QMK
- Check that the cursor moves when you use the trackpad
- Using tweezers, short 2 pins of a switch. Check that it registers
Soldering the switches
Solder in your switches of preference.